Informations you should read about
Biking in Iceland – what to wear
When going hiking or biking in Iceland, it is always a good idea to look at the weather forecast to see how the weather is going to be. Iceland is a true weather wonderland, so it is important to be prepared, whatever the weather is!
Here are few tips on how to dress for a biking tour in Iceland:
• In general: Biking clothes are of course great, but if you don‘t have them, simply dress like you are going out for a hike. It is important to have layers that you can easily take off if it get‘s too hot, breathable clothes and a water and windproof jacket, for example Gore-Tex.
• Shoes: The terrain can be rugged so you want to wear good shoes with sturdy sole. This is important, since we sometimes have to hike a bit during our biking tours.
• Pants: Jeans are not recommended. It is much better to wear breathable material. On a cold day day it is good to wear a baselayer underneath.
• Top: Breathable baselayer and a water and windproof jacket.
• Other: Gloves are recommended, and a headband like